Monday, December 15, 2008

Our Lives

So we've been busy these last few months.
I've had a few health problems, Ben's still had his, Thanksgiving, traveling, and we are just trying to survive each day.

Dane is grateful that finals are OVER!! He also is glad to spend some time each day with us as he doesn't have classes anymore. Ben won't leave his side and barely let's him use the bathroom without fingers under the door and saying, "You in there Daddy?"
I personally think it's way cute, but Dane get's tired of it after a while.

I am still working on Christmas Cards, YW's stuff for next year, and trying to get Ben to all of his various appointments. I hope to have it all done in time. He is going in for an Endoscopy on Dec 18. They will be scoping his esophagus, stomach, and duodenum, and taking biopsies along the way. They will only be sedating him for a short while and we should be able to leave that afternoon. We will receive more information once the test results come back. Which should be that day, except for the biopsies. We are hoping for answers as to why Ben is not eating and drinking very well. He's also in pain at nights and sometimes nights are long and full of tears. Ben's so used to going to the Dr's that when we get there he asks the nurse, "Which one my room?" The painful episodes haven't gone away, but he is doing better at dealing with them on his own. Which helps me to get a little bit more sleep. He'll eat, with a few bites here and there. Then he'll tell us he's all done and sometimes he'll tell us that his belly hurts. He also sips on fluids here and there. He MAYBE drinks 2-3 oz of fluids in a DAY. He's also been put on Pediasure to help him maintain his weight. So far he enjoys his "Chocolate Milk" everyday.

For the last few months we've been hoping, fasting, and praying that we'll find something to help Ben. That the Dr's will be skilled and knowledgeable to help Ben get better.

So life has been a whirl wind, but we are grateful to have this time together as a family and look forward to Christmas Day. Ben is so excited and way cute! He keeps asking for a little sister. I don't think he's going to be getting that one this year, no matter how good he's been. Let's hope that he'll be ok with a little computer instead!

I plan on updating as much as possible, but it will all depend on how close we are to a computer.

Happy Holidays to all!

2 comments:

The Griner Family: said...

Brit, I am sorry to hear about Ben. I hope everything goes well over the next couple of days.

Jennilyn Proulx said...

Poor little Ben. I hope you figure it all out!