Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Ben's 6th Birthday

Ben's Birthday couldn't have come any faster.  Since Christmas he has been begging me to tell him when his Birthday will be here.  He wanted to have a party soo bad!  But we've decided to only have a big party when they turn 4, 8, 12, 16, and graduate.  He was driving me crazy so a made a paper chain that he could take one off every day until is Birthday came.  Some days he would try to tell me that he forgot to take one off.  Until he finally admitted that he just wanted to have his Birthday come faster so he wanted to take more off.  I told him if he did that I'd have to add more on.  He about died!  So he patiently and faithfully anticipated his Birthday by paper chain.

When we originally planned his Birthday no family were going to be able to make it.  So we asked a few friends to come along just for cake, ice cream, and presents.  Ben was THRILLED!!  Then when the day came a few family were able to come and add to our excitement.

We started the day with decorations and a special breakfast.  He wanted Green Hot Cereal. :)  Mmmmm.  He asked for a rocket cake that was bright green, bright blue, and white.  

Then as I was 1/2 way through decorating it he asked if I could do red, white, and dark blue instead.  I told him no and the stinker said,"That's alright. I was just wondering if you could change when you were almost done.  But I guess you can't erase the frosting huh?"

Ben also requested that we celebrate at McDonald's so that we could have dinner there and play.  I was absolutely thrilled that he wanted it there!  That meant that I didn't have to cook anything and there was AIR CONDITIONING!!!!  (Our apartment stayed in the 90's all summer long, even at night.)  We ate dinner, opened presents, ate cake, and ice cream.  Then the kids just played for over an hour on the McDonald's toys.  Ben was so happy on our way home that he said,"Mom, I'm so happy I could burst."  That made me as a Mother feel so good to know that it was everything he hoped for and more. 

1 comment:

The Griner Family: said...

Parties every 4 years are a really good idea!!! So fun!