Saturday, February 8, 2014

Rockland

It's been too long since I've last posted.  Many changes have happened to our family.

1. Dane got a job offer in July 2013 to work as "THE" Science Teacher for 7-12th grade.
2. We accepted.
3. Moved to Rockland.
4. Fell in love with the country life.
5. Watched blessings come in the health of our kids improving daily.
6. Started to mow a lawn again.  (squeal)
7. Nearly had a heart attack as I dealt with bats, snakes, flies, spiders, and mice in the house.  All of which I am deathly afraid of.  EEeekkk!!
8. Started to slowly unpack boxes that we haven't seen in YEARS!  From too many unexpected and quick moves. Wondering at times, What is this? We packed a nearly empty box!?  Why did we keep that?  Oh I didn't know I had 2 or 3 of these!
9. Dane started school and so did Ben.  Exciting for us all!
10. Symi got accepted into the Preschool program here and she started school as well.  
11. Jayden thought the world had ended because we left everything we knew and suddenly family members were starting to disappear!  He was pretty clingy to me.
12.  I started a Dance Team aka: Bullettes.  Loved every minute of it except that it took me away from my home and little family.
13. Started to plan for holidays.  
14. Found out that we didn't have enough vacation days to visit my family in Nevada.  But were pleasantly surprised when Zach and Tara, and Mom and Dad came to us for Christmas!   SO fun!  Except poor Zach got the flu and didn't feel good. 
15. Celebrated Christmas at our new house and enjoyed every moment of it!
16. Found out just after Christmas that the home we were renting was going into foreclosure and we needed to move.  Again.
17. Quit doing dance.  Started pack up.  Trying to find another place in Rockland.  Found one last minute. 
18.  Moved into new house.  Turned on water main.  Pipes broke all over.  Living like pioneers with buckets of water for toilets.  Packing dishes from one house to the other.  Living on dirty laundry.  How do I make meals? Good neighbors drop off food.
19. Suddenly get sick with cold.  Turns bad.  Then get a virus.  Puking and runs.  Fever + virus=dehydrated = IV therapy+antibiotics for sinus infection= bed rest = life on hold= horrible timing= Tender Mercies from the Lord.  Good people of Rockland= we are loved.
20. Oh and now Jayden has an ear infection from his cold going bad too.
21.  Dane started an online course+ all of the above = One Stressed Out First Year Teacher!?
22. I no longer Facebook about these events.  I'm trying to keep the "downside" to our lives more private.
23.  Hope you enjoyed! (And hope I didn't leave anything out.)

3 comments:

The Griner Family: said...

Congrats on Danes Job!!! Life is crazy..everyday is always crazy, if it is silent say a happy prayer!

Laura said...

Crazy few months! Remember that I am not too far away if you need anything!

Hepworth Family said...

Thanks Ladies! Sure miss you!