Ben has been just a joy to have in our home and always keeps us on our toes.
Just the other day I was emailing family when all of the sudden I hear this RRIIIPPPP . . . WHEEEEE. Someone was thrilled with his new find of hidden toys! I quickly went to his side and told him, "No, No, we have to wait until Ho Ho comes and than you can open your presents." Ben got all sorts of excited and ran over to our small homemade North Pole and pointed at the candle Santa in it's chimney. He begain exclaiming, "Ho Ho!!", while pointing frantically at the Santa. Than promply ran back to the tree grabbed another gift and sat down to open another treasure. Taking away a 17 month old's new found toy isn't easy, but I managed to calm him down and told him that we had to wait for later. This was something that he understood, but was still bummed that he didn't finish opening his new found joy!
I hope that by next year Ben will understand the concept of "Ho Ho" as a real person, and not as the candle on the counter.
Until than "later" works just fine.
1 comment:
hehehehehe Breck did the same thing with a present I had just wrapped so I'm waiting until "Ho Ho" comes to put them out!!
Post a Comment