Dane and I decided to tackle the Christmas decorations yesterday. We wanted to put them away while Ben was asleep and we were very successful. By the time Ben woke up all the decorations were gone and we were rearranging the living room. Ben was happy because he wanted a ride on the couch while we moved it around.
Well I usually have Ben look out the window when Dane comes home because he always likes to see him come in. Usually our tree with "lights" has been sitting in our front window taking up almost all of it. So I told Ben to go look out the window and see the snow. He obediently went and was very excited about the snow. I than asked him if he wanted to see the lights. (This means that we turn on our Christmas tree lights for the evening.) He got all excited and turned around looking very puzzled and quite alarmed. He kept turning around in circles looking for the tree. He had a look that said this,"I'm sure that it was just right here and now it's gone!" He was very concerned, but we were able to comfort him and tell him that it was, "All Gone. Bye, Bye." After which he was content to know that the tree wasn't there anymore.
The look that he had and the sudden dawning was priceless! Dane and I had the giggles for a while afterwards.
No comments:
Post a Comment