Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Homecoming



Sorry this has taken me forever! I love photography and you'd think I'd remember my camera at a time when it's most crucial! But I misplaced my camera when we picked Zach up from the airport! The only thing I can do now is write about it and hope that someone will send a picture or 2 so that I can post them on my blog!

So anyways, Zach came home and we were all so happy to greet him! He was a little emotional when he hugged us all. It seemed at times that he just didn't want to let us go. It was a bittersweet moment for Zach I think. He loved his mission and serving the people of Tampa, Florida. But we all had a wonderful time with Zach for the rest of the week.


Mom, Dad, Dane, Me, Ben, Meg, Breck, and Zach all went to Jackson Hole to go swimming! It started our VERY miserable!?. Ben doesn't like showers! Before you swim you are asked to shower. So Ben and I went into a cold shower and walked through the cold air wet until we could get to the pool. He bawled the whole time and wanted out! Dane was about ready to just dunk him under the water a few times just to see if that would change his mind! I was about ready to let him! But instead I suggested that Dane take Ben down one of the slides! So he did and it was like magic! The tears turned to joy and Ben wouldn't let us do anything else except take him down all the slides! He kept resting his head on shoulders and saying, "Pweese, swide!" followed by the name of whomever was holding him. He had a blast!


Then on Saturday we went to a 3-D archery shoot! Dane, Dad, Meg, Zach, and I all went and really had a great time. I felt like a slow poke because of my bad knee. But thanks to my wonderful family who were so understanding! I wish that I could have had something to help support myself and guess what I got for Mother's Day! A new hiking stick! It's awesome and I'm so excited to get to use it! Anyways, about the archery shoot. We had a blast and some of us got what you might call a "Red Neck" Tattoo where are arm guards were. Other than that I had a wonderful time and really enjoyed myself! Mom stayed home with the 2 boys and they had a wonderful time together too!

Ben loved playing with Breck! He finally got to really play with him! Last time Meg came to visit Ben was so sick with his health problems that he really didn't want to play with anyone. He was pretty grumpy the last trip!?
I must say that I really enjoyed the trip!It was so gratifying to spend several days with my family! I look forward to the next one, because Tom will get to come and be with us too!

2 comments:

Kendee said...

it was soo fun to see the 2 babies together! it was great to see you and your cute little family! it was awesome to see zach too! i LOVE it when missionaries come home! my friends dont hear the end of it for like the 25 days i count down! ha ha! anyway love ya!

KENDEE OWEN

The Hammers said...

Welcome Home Zach! It's good that you almost all got to be there for his homecoming. Those are very cute little boys too.