Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Our Days

So our lives have been so overwhelmingly crazy at times, beautiful at others, tearful and sorrowful, but yet full of laugher during others.

These last few weeks have been so new and somethings that we as a small family have never really experienced before. Dane's Grandmother Maxine Hepworth passed away a little over a week ago. She was diagnosed with cancer while I was attending Girls Camp with our ward. She was told that she would have only a year left. Three weeks after her diagnosis she passed peacefully away after a family prayer with all of her children around her. Some mourned deeply while other's rejoiced that she was no longer in so much pain.

She was an amazing person that had so much love and compassion. Whenever she was aching for her husband that she lost when she was 41, she would make dozens of pies, cakes, cookies, or pots of soup, meals, casseroles. Then she would deliver them to someone else. As each food item left her hands and entered into someone else's, her sorrow would melt away to eternal joy knowing that she would be with him again. This is how she coped and dealt with this worlds sorrow and joys. She always shared.

Ben has been struggling trying to let Mom and Dad go while we've attended Girls Camp, Youth Conference, Young Men High Adventure, and our various meetings. The cherry on the top has been that in July we changed our church time to the mornings. He still is trying to figure out if we are abandoning him for several over nights and long days. So needless to say his enthusiasm that he once had for nursery is quickly fading!? But I have to admit that he is doing so much better, and he now knows that we are coming back for him in a few hours. This helps Dane and I to fulfill our callings on Sundays without a crying 2 year old hanging onto our side.

We are excited to know that we are going to have twins in our home starting next week. No we aren't expecting or adopting. We, I mean "I" am going to start babysitting them. Ben is thrilled as we are preparing our little home to support 2 more little ones. He's so excited to have new baby's in our home! We are painting the "Family" toddler bed bright blue and just purchased a sale item of "Go Diego, Go!" toddler bed set to go with his new bed. We are also pulling out our baby stuff again. He has been very occupied playing with all his old toys and will chant over and over, "Toys. Babies. Comin'. My house.Shh, quiet. Sleepin. No cry. it's ok." I don't know where he got some of those words because I haven't even told him that he has to be quiet when babies sleep. He's just too smart?!

Well enough of my rambling. I'm so happy and blessed to be alive and to be healthy. We are all doing well and couldn't ask for life to be more beautiful. May your life be wonderfully beautiful as well.

4 comments:

Laura said...

I am sorry about your grandma. That is hard.

But also, that is awesome that you are going to be babysitting!!! How old are they? That will be fun.

Kendee said...

great to hear from ya! cant wait to see ya at the wedding this weekend!!!! youre going right....

Anonymous said...

Thats too bad about the grandma passing away, but its nice to know that our families are forever and I'm sure she's more happy now than here with out her husband, That reminds me of my grandma, she's 88 years old and I know she's so lonley and has been for about 40 years now. What twins are you talking about? & Why arn't you expecting? Isn't it about that time ;)

Banta Family said...

Let me just tell you guys that you are the cutest family! Your family photo should be in a magazine! I was excited to find your blog and I added it to my list of friends; I hope that was okay.