Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Baby Update

I had a Dr's appointment yesterday. I was a little surprised at how far along I am and so was the Dr.

I am measuring a week ahead. I'm 50% effaced, and I'm dilated to a 3. After all of these measurements the Dr sat down and started discussing who is on call to deliver. I was quite shocked because I still thought we had 4 more weeks! He wanted me to know that since my last appointment my body had progressed quite a bit and that he wanted me to be prepared if this baby decided to come soon. He told me that if she comes this week she'll be tiny and may need some assistance. And possibly be in the NICU for a while if she's struggling. I was ok with all of that because I know she's early, but out of the extreme danger zone. The Dr also said that every week she stays in there she gains more weight and becomes healthier. So we are hoping to have her stay in there for a little while longer. But if she does come early we'll still love her and give her the best we can!

Just thought I'd give everyone and update! I'm doing much better with my heart. The Dr said it might be my Acid Reflux or GERD that is causing my esophagus to spasm near my heart and cause my heart to stress. So we purchased a large wedge pillow to prop me up at nights. So far it's really done the trick and I am no longer having any sort of symptom or chest pains. Which is soo wonderful!

We'll keep you posted as the weeks go by!

6 comments:

Kendee said...

AHH! i just love hearing about your cute little family! well i hope that whenever she decides to come that she is healthy! both of these little girls are just trying to hurry themselves along i guess! cant wait to see the new addition when she comes!

DaLynn said...

Good luck! Can't wait to see pictures of her when she arrives.

The Griner Family: said...

Brit! They say that the baby gains a pound a week for the last month he/she is in the womb. Good Luck! Glad you are feeling better.

The French Way said...

oh goodness sounds like you're baby just can't wait to see you guys! i hope it continues to go well and good luck with everything!

emily said...

hey good luck with that. Let me know if you need anything.

Kyle and Char said...

I'm so excited! I can't believe you're already going to have a baby! I thought you still had so so so much time left! I can't wait to see her! She's going to be so cute!