So I didn't think coming home would be so much hard work!! Trying to keep 5 different medications, doses, and timing straight is enough to make someone crazy! Along with keeping records of eating and dirty diapers is insane! I didn't think that coming home would be so complicated! But it's been wonderful to be home.
Symi has been doing ok. She's still struggling from time to time. But the medications seem to be helping and eating is pretty much back to normal. The only struggle we've had to far is that poor Symi is struggling to sleep. She slept horribly in the hospital and has brought her new habit home. Nights have been torture for Dane and I. Sleep deprevation is tough. But we seem to be working through it ok. Each day naps are improving and sleep at nights, well we'll keep praying that she can sleep better!
My house has been an absolute wreck since we've gotten home! Everyday I keep trying to clean a little bit here and there. But it's getting the better of me. It's been so wonderful to have some meals brought in and to find out that I don't have any Visiting Teacher's assigned to me. A dear sweet lady, AKA bishop's wife, has taken our family under her wing. She has been extremely kind and so thoughful of us. What a wonderful lady!
Our "Holiday" really didn't feel like one. Usually your surrounded by family, good food, and lots of visiting, gaming, and time together. This year was spent in the hospital just Dane, Symi, and I without family or Ben. It was really hard to be apart. I kept telling Dane it feels like we didn't even get to enjoy Christmas this year. We called Santa on the night of the 23rd and asked him to come early. He came. We quickly opened presants, and started to prepare and make plans for Primary Children's. We felt like we didn't even get to enjoy a full day of Christmas. But we were pleasantly surprised when Dane's family wanted to come down for a night and spend some time with us! So we rang in the New Year with good food, good times, and a sigh of relief for Dane and I. Even though it wasn't much or very long, it was so enjoyable! Thanks guys!
So now tomorrow will be a true test of strength for me. Dane leaves me alone to go back to work. I hope that the struggle will be easier to bear alone. I also pray that Ben will be patient with Symi and I while we all figure this out together. We're home, but it's the toughest time that we've had yet. Please keep our family in your prayers. We have felt them, and continue to need them!
No comments:
Post a Comment