Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Spring

Hello Everyone,

I realized today it's been well over a month since I've last posted. Here's a quick review.

Ben: Is struggling with being kind. It's been a long road trying to help him understand that what someone else does isn't nice and that we shouldn't do it. Even if they've done it to us. He's still learning. Back in December Ben mastered the art of going potty. He's only had 3 accidents at nights and a few during the day back in early January. He hasn't had any since and LOVES standing up to the toilet with Dad going potting together. Must be a "Male-Bonding" thing I don't understand. He is counting up a storm and loves to find any of the alphabets where ever he goes. He had his first talk in Primary, just after General Conference and asks us every week when he can do it again! He did such a good job and was SOOO cute! He loves to pray and ask for EVERYTHING. Kind of hard to explain that we can't have anything we want. But his 3 year old mind is slowly trying to comprehend. He loves to sing any kind of song and makes them up all day long. He also LOVES to sing the Primary songs and enjoys when we join him in song. We are hoping to get him into swimming lessons this year and find a preschool that we can afford. If not than we'll continue to try working with him on our own.

Symi: Is growing faster and faster all the time!! She's been crawling around for a while now and we can't seem to keep her out of anything. She is very determined and will not detour from what she wants. She's our little bull dozer. If Symi wants something she muscles her way through all of her toys to get the item. Symi LOVES to eat!!! She can't get it into her mouth fast enough and usually swallows food whole. She wants to eat off our plates all the time. It's SOO hard not to feed her!! She can't have milk in anything she eats or anything that can be acidic like tomatoes, oranges, pineapple, etc. It's hard to change our diet to meet hers. We're still working on it. It's also hard to find crackers, breads, finger foods, snack stuff without milk. So that she can feed herself, which she loves to do. She loves to bounce to any kind of music. It she's playing she'll stop whatever she's doing wiggle like she's got a boogie in her bum! It's SOOO CUTE!!!! She jabbers, squeals, squwacks, and growls all the time. Yes my daughter growls at everything and for anything. It's funny. She got her front 2 teeth several weeks ago and has been working on some more. She's sleeping better and better at nights all the time. Naps are starting to become consistant and more predictable! Finally after almost 9 months! She is now trying to stand up on things and loves to hang onto our fingers and walk everywhere. Busy, Busy, BUSY little girl!

Dane and I: We're both doing well. Trying to keep going and hoping and praying that he'll become hired. We'll know for sure at the end of May when the school year is over. If we're not hired we'll start applying for jobs and see where we end up. We've spent some time going to the temple lately and love the peace and solace it brings to us right now. The sunshine has been contagious and I've taken the kids outside a lot and for many walks with our new stroller! I love it and look forward to walking everwhere with it this summer. Maybe it I become anxious I'll even go jogging!

2 comments:

Kaylee and Phil said...

Good to hear things seem to be going pretty well! Kayden growls all the time too. I was starting to wonder if that was normal. haha

Cameron and BreAnn said...

I'm so glad your little girl is doing so much better. What a relief! Is Dane trying to get hired as a Seminary teacher? I can't remember if that was what he was getting a degree in. Well, good luck. I hope all goes well.