
Today shortly after lunch was nap time. Symi seemed so tired, and had been teary over many things this morning. I was hoping that she would crash. I laid her down and let Ben sleep next to me.
About every 10 mins. Symi would cry out. Wanting to be held. Wanting her "Mee-Mee" (pacifier). Wanting her blanket. Holding her again.
I came in with a sigh and tried once again to get to sleep. Just 20 mins. I thought. After a brief moment, I must have dozed. I heard the door squeak and looked up to find Ben coming back into the room.
"Ben, where did you go?"
"Oh Mommy. You looked so tired so I decided to help you. I went and gave Symi her "Mee-Mee" and told her that she needed to take a nap, because Mommy was tired."
I scooped him up. Kissed his forehead. Told him thank you so much. How do you express to a 4 year old that something so genuine meant so much.
I love you, and that made Mommy so happy.
2 comments:
What a sweet little guy!
That is so cute. I love how much little kids actually can understand when we need moments like that.
Post a Comment