this is enough. Do not look back or grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering."
President Thomas S. Monson
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
It's official!
The "Mee-Mee's" have officially been laid to rest! Ben no longer sleeps with them in his hands anymore! He threw away his last one the other night and has been doing just fine! We re so proud of him! He's been attached to those since birth!
It is so great when those pesky things go bye bye! It makes life much easier. I hated searching the crib in the middle of night to find the dang thing! :)
Both my boys loved them! Zack is actually just getting off his. We decided to start snipping off the end (a little bit each night) when he turned 2. But a few days after his birthday we switched him to a big bed and he kind of had a hard time with it, so we stopped trimming the binkies for a couple weeks til he got used to his bed. But I swear cutting the ends is the best thing. They still get to have them if they really feel like they need them, but after it's cut they're not so appealing. I like it a lot better than making them go cold turkey. I don't think I could handle the screaming at night! lol
Karrianne, We cut off the ends too. But he still stuck the cut end on the tips of his fingers. I kept trying to get a picture but it was always too dark. But we liked that technique too. It really helps them to adjust slowly and be more comfortable with the change. We just finally were able to throw the cut up pacifiers away!
6 comments:
It is so great when those pesky things go bye bye! It makes life much easier. I hated searching the crib in the middle of night to find the dang thing! :)
Huge milestone in your life. I want you to know that your comments really touch my heart, I appreciate you so much thanks
Congrats on getting rid of them while you have another baby in the house. That was always the struggle for us...
Good Job Guys! I wish I could have gotten either of my kids to take binkys but they both hated them.
Both my boys loved them! Zack is actually just getting off his. We decided to start snipping off the end (a little bit each night) when he turned 2. But a few days after his birthday we switched him to a big bed and he kind of had a hard time with it, so we stopped trimming the binkies for a couple weeks til he got used to his bed. But I swear cutting the ends is the best thing. They still get to have them if they really feel like they need them, but after it's cut they're not so appealing. I like it a lot better than making them go cold turkey. I don't think I could handle the screaming at night! lol
Karrianne,
We cut off the ends too. But he still stuck the cut end on the tips of his fingers. I kept trying to get a picture but it was always too dark. But we liked that technique too. It really helps them to adjust slowly and be more comfortable with the change. We just finally were able to throw the cut up pacifiers away!
Post a Comment