We returned last night and I was going to write. But Symi was restless and fussy. So I spent my time with her instead.
We went to Primary Children's Hospital yesterday for an Upper GI on Symi. We've already done this test on Ben so sad to say but it wasn't new. What happens is they get the child to drink barium then they take several pictures while it's going down watching for different things while she drinks. Well she drank 1/2 an oz. They wanted 4-5 oz in for the test. They gave us the biggest syringe I've ever seen and sent us back to the waiting room to see if we couldn't syringe it down her throat. She took a few more oz and then just started spitting it all out. So we finally put a tube down her nose and injected the rest into her stomach. She was a trooper until they put it down her nose. She got really stuburn and MAD!! wow! Anyways, the tube wasn't even in there for a minute. They got the stuff in. Took the tube out. Took several images. And said, "We don't know why you are here? Everything looks normal and just fine." We'll send the images and results back to your Dr. They sent us home to watch her and make sure that she doesn't throw up the barium and that it comes out the other end. And to keep her well hydrated
We went back to my sister-in-laws house and spent the afternoon there waiting for it to digest. We ate some lunch. Dane and I took naps. Then we packed up and headed back on the road.
When we got home I called the Dr and asked if he'd gotten the images that we sent. He look them up and said yes. I asked him why we went down there on such an urgent matter because everything looked so normal. He said that he and the Gastroenterologist wanted to know if her anatomy was backwards. (meaning that her organs were place opposite of what they should be) If she did, there can be lots of complications with that. Our Dr and the Gastro Dr both wanted us to be at Primary's for the test in case if they need to admit us and start correcting the deformalities if there were any. He said that we went down there not knowing because he didn't want to scare us or cause us to panic because they didn't know yet.
So we are home now. Things are going just fine. Her anatomy is in the correct place and she is slowly falling back into her "normal". We are monitoring her closley to see if this "episode" happens again. If so we are instructed to return to the ER again. But for now we are to treat her like she's just constipated. They want her on some juice everyday and if that doesn't work than try a glycerin suppository. (oh fun) We're hoping for juice. So far things are moving along by themselves. She is sleeping a lot. But that's normal. We're still trying to find sleep so the nap the other day was very welcomed!
I hope that you are all having and will have a wonderful Christmas! Ours is one we'll always remember!
1 comment:
I was thinking about you all day. I am glad that it didn't end up being bad news. Hope your little Symi starts feeling better soon!
Post a Comment