Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I'm Grateful

I guess when all is looking down on you it's time to look up. So I decided that I need to write all the small things I'm grateful for right now.

I'm grateful for . . .
1. Little moments when Symi is sleeping and I'm able to spend some one on one time with Ben.
2. A husband who did the dishes for me this morning because he knew they needed to be done.
3. A little baby girl who is finally sleeping peacefully right now.
4. A patient son who always says,"Mommy, I forgive you." when I've said something unkind in a stressful moment.
5. These words also follow,"Oh Mommy do you know I just love you!"
6. Quiet moments at night when I can kneel and ask for help for just a little while longer.
7. Sleep.
8. Freshly bathed baby that smells so good.
9. The sunshine that seems to melt everything away as I sit outside with a bawling baby so that a little boy can enjoy playing in the sandbox for 5 more minutes.
10. Patience.
11. Courage to keep going.
12. Unconditional love for my baby, no matter how many hours I've been up at night with her screaming and crying.
13. Being able to make dinner!
14. Watching my husband quietly take Ben away even if that means he'll be late for work, again.
15. Walking along the River Walk and breathing deep.
16. Smiling even though I'm covered in baby puke for the 3rd time today.
17. Realizing that the floor really needs to be vacuumed. But playing with my 3 year old on the dirty floor anyways. The floor will be dirty tomorrow,(and possibly the next day) but Ben will never be this age again.
18. Grateful that a baby likes noise and vibration so laundry is all caught up!
19. That Autumn is coming! (Can you smell it? Hmmmmmmm)
20. That Dane has a job and can provide for our family at this time in the world.

Ok I feel much better. Now I can try to conquer today, even if I don't get a shower.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Thanks for sharing!!!!! I love the simple things in life. Hope things are looking up for you!